Knowing what’s happening in the industry helps Western Truck Insurance Services remain a reliable resource to both clients and prospects. As a result, we are always eager to learn how things are going and what you think about DOT enforcement activities, fuel prices, and the effects of laws, rules, and regulations on your business.
As the market is constantly changing, Western Truck Insurance wants to make sure you get the best deal on truck insurance at your next renewal. Here is a step-by-step approach how we plan to help you.
- 60 days prior to your renewal date, call us to request an assessment of your situation and risk exposure. Be prepared to allow us to obtain your loss history and IFTA mileage reports. We will need to know the particulars about your business and how much you are paying for your truck insurance.
- Call your existing agent to inform them that you will be shopping your insurance this year and that you want to be straight forward about it. You want to make sure that you are getting the best price on your renewal quote. Also, let them know that you expect the renewal quote to be available for review at least one month before the renewal date. For emphasis, let them know that you have Western Truck Insurance also working on your behalf.
- The timing of when you receive your renewal quote speaks volumes about the agent and insurance company. If they are really working for you, they will get your renewal quote to you early enough for proper consideration. “Early enough” is 3 to 4 weeks before your renewal date. Once you receive your renewal quote, call us with the quote amount so that we have complete information to negotiate with. Insurance companies will compete for your business if they know what they are up against.
- When you get our quote amount, compare the two quotes noting all the differences. We will help you understand the various aspects to the quote. If our number is lower, take it to your existing agent and ask him to beat it. If our coverage levels are better, ask to match them.
- After you have given your existing agent a second chance, share this new number with us so we can go back to our underwriters and attempt to negotiate a better deal for you.
- Once you receive our number a second time, you will be ready to make an informed decision. Both brokers involved have been treated fairly and have had two chances to give you their best quote. A fair amount of conversation, analysis, and negotiation will have taken place between you and us and your existing agent by this point.
Consider all you have learned. How do feel about the advice you have received? When fully considering price, coverage levels, quality rating of the insurance companies, and your comfort level with the agents involved… which is the best deal?
- Make your decision and inform each party.
If you follow this approach, you will get the best deal around. Try it and see for yourself!