Call Western Truck Insurance 1-800-937-8785
Free Trucking Job Board Image
Curved Design Element Curved element for design
Facebook Icon Twitter Icon Youtube icon

Bottom Curved Design Element

Transportation Operations Insurance

Get a Transportation Operations Insurance Quote today.

Western Truck Insurance is a full line brokerage offering all of the insurance products you need to properly protect the assets of your business, meet the regulatory requirements, and safeguard our communities with the financial security of rated and admitted insurance companies.

LTL & Pick-up and Delivery Operations

If your operations involve LTL or P&D work, then you have a unique set of needs that needs to be addressed in evaluating, and protecting, the risks in your business. Western Truck Insurance Services understands and can help tailor your risk management options.

Specifically, the selection of drivers in your business becomes more important. These personnel deal with city congestion, time constraint, and loading/unloading that the long haul driver will not experience. In many cases, personality traits, along with a driving record review, are important considerations prior to getting to behind the wheel of a P&D route. Proper training is essential!

In addition, vehicle safeguards become an issue for you. Motor Truck Cargo insurance policies must allow for the vehicle to be left unattended while packages are being delivered. To accommodate that greater degree of risk, without taking a massive price hike, Western Truck Insurance spends time with you in determining your optimal method of loss prevention.

Finally, most P&D, and LTL, operations involve a warehouse, terminal, or storage facility that requires attention to general liability, terminal coverage, and varies options of business property. Once again, Western Truck Insurance is ready, willing, and quite able to address and protect your interests to your unique needs.

Intermodal Trucking Operations:

Truckers hauling ocean containers or rail freight have their own set of unique requirements from the insurance industry. Comprehensive auto liability on an any auto basis is frequently mandated by the steamship lines. Trailer interchange and Motor Truck Cargo also become issues from the intermodal carrier. In the major metropolitan areas hijackings and cargo theft need to be properly addressed and the extensive use of owner operator independent contractors become a legal issue with respect to both the workers compensation and IRS payroll tax obligations.

Finally, this class of business must have a knowledgeable and responsive insurance brokerage to handle to slew of insurance certificates that plague the intermodal carrier.

Fortunately for you, Western Truck Insurance is just that insurance brokerage. We routinely issue hundreds of certificates to the steamship lines and our years of working with the equipment control personnel at those companies takes that hassle out of our hands. In addition, we have a multitude of options to help you structure your coverage that way you want to run your business. Whether all vehicles are insured under one fleet policy, or if owner operators purchase their own insurance individually, we deliver the results at the most competitive rates.


Truckers, public livery, and freight forwarders all have some form of governmental licensing requirements. This short description gives just a basic guideline. For proper licensing please contact the appropriate agency or you may contact the staff at Western Truck Insurance who can assist you.

Truckers, hauling for hire with interstate travel, are required to apply for a permit with the Federal Highway Administratiion (FHWA, formerly the ICC). In doing so, you will also need the information on the interstate registration of your vehicles (IFTA, IRP).

Truckers, hauling for hire with intrastate travel, are required to apply for a permit with their respective State. Each state has its' own unique criteria, however, most states have adopted the Federal guidelines as respect to insurance issues. The states are required only to monitor the safety and insurance aspects of the trucking business; not the rates. Household good movers rates, however, are still regulated

Obviously, for truckers doing both interstate and intrastate shipments, a state and federal permit would be needed.

Public livery operators (taxi,limousine and bus) are regulated in the same fashion as truckers above. They are treated differently, however, and are under more scrutiny than their trucking counterparts. They have higher requirements for auto liability than the truckers do.

Freight Forwarders (NVOCC,Custom House Brokers, forwarders) have a requirement to obtain a freight forwarder permit from the FHWA if they are moving freight interstate or internationally. Various bonds may be required depending on what activities are being performed

Truck Insurance Products Offered

Truck Liability Insurance

General Liability Insurance

Motor Truck Cargo Insurance

Dump Truck Insurance

Bonds and Worker's Compensation Insurance

Transportation Operations Insurance

Commercial Truck Roadside Assistance

Single Pixel Design Spacer
Bottom Right Curved Design Element
Single pixel design spacer
website designed by: Technique web © Copyright 2016: Western Truck Insurance Services, Inc. All rights reserved.
Find Truckers and Trucking Jobs